The City is the largest industrial and commercial harbor city in Taiwan, owning rich human resources, large-size factories like China Steel Corporation, Taiwan Shipbuilding Corporation, and China Petrochemical Corporation. Down to the end of December. 2017, there were 7,510 factories legally registered, running the businesses of iron and steel, chemicals, machinery, metals, food, transportation, electronics, telecommunications, and other different kinds of businesses. In future, we shall pay respect for public opinion, take industrial needs into account, evaluate suitable positioning, plan the development of industrial parks, practically enforce “Act of Guidance and Assistance for Factories and Their Management,” and strengthen factory management, actively offer guidance and assistance to firms, in order to facilitate industrial upgrading of the City.
Industrial services and the guidance and assistance situation
1. Industrial and commercial registration
2. Industrial services and the guidance and assistance situation
(1) In order to raise the efficiency of administration and improve the quality of services, Economic Development Bureau have adopted computer operation for the related administration businesses, including the registration of factories, registration of the guaranteed transaction of moveable properties, archive control of unregistered factories, and so on. In addition, after the City Government coped with the completed construction of National Industrial and Commercial Management Information System, not only all citizens can check the situation of factory registration via the internet, the industrial business founders can also use the System to master the progress of their application cases. Besides, every year regular review is made on the standard amendment operation procedures, and the contents of application forms and the submission procedures were simplified, intending to save the application time for the general public.
(2) To meet the firms’ needs of factory construction, there were around 168 hectares of land being applied for new industrial use through applications for listing the land in industrial parks and for land use expansion next to the original factories. Meanwhile, in according with the regulations of Industrial Innovation Act, suitable locations were evaluated, and planned to be listed in industrial parks. In consideration of respects to both the voices of citizens and industrial development, the City Government had to handle the applications cautiously so as to achieve the objective of the win-win policy, “Comfortable Housing for the Public, and Easy Operation for Firms.”
3. Commercial services and the guidance and assistance situation
(1) Strengthening of computerized operation of industrial and commercial registration: In order to accelerate and improve the quality of services for the public, we actively promoted the computerized operation of industrial and commercial registration, systematizing and standardizing the industrial and commercial administrative registration and management businesses of Taiwan, facilitating the consistence of the industrial and commercial registration management database of Taiwan, and keeping on development of systems until comprehensive online is offered. The way of network linkage operation decreased the use of written documents since we tried to work hard towards the direction of “no document, no photocopy,” and took the establishment of single-window service with “collection of applications at one place, offer of service in full process” as our goal.
(2) Guidance and assistance to commercial businesses, and management of them: Focusing on the industries with impacts on public order, relevant management of commercial businesses and guidance and assistance for them, and in accordance with Executive Yuan’s Maintaining Public Safety Projects – Profit-making Business Management, Economic Development Bureau carried out united inspection of electronic game stores and 8 related industries, including ballrooms, dancing halls, bars, pubs, information leisure, etc., and issued accusation tickets to them in case illegal acts were found. Besides, in accordance with “Kaohsiung City Self-Governing Ordinance for Implementation of Mandatory Purchase of Accident and Public Liability Insurance on Profit-Making Places for Public Use,” the industries aforesaid were forced to buy accident and public liability insurance to ensure safe consumption space in public places.
4. Continued promotion of modernization of shopping streets:
(1) Improvement of hardware facilities: Funds were striven from the Central Government for modernization of shopping streets and districts. Erection of electronic message boards and television walls in commercial business districts was completed.
(2) Software marketing activities: Marketing of shopping streets and districts was promoted. Comprehensive counting and survey of shopping streets and districts in the City were carried out. Local color and charm were created, facilitating overall development of different featured districts, and bringing more business opportunities to them.
(3) The shopping streets and districts of the City have been developing prosperously. Economic Development Bureau actively gives guidance and assistance for the establishment and management of Organization of Shopping Streets and Districts, and formulated “Kaohsiung City Self-Governing Ordinance of Guidance and Assistance for Management of Shopping Streets and Districts.”
5. Strengthening of the public’s knowledge of administrative laws:
The business-related information was provided to the public through electronic message boards, advertisements in the light boxes of bus stops, and different promotion talks, introducing to the public the Consumer Protection Law, Product Indication Law and Fair Transaction Law. Related conferences were also held to correct the commercial behaviors, keep a proper transaction order in the market, and protect the rights and benefits of consumers.
1. Supervise the improvement of service functions of the utilities
(1) Replacement of the old and leaking water pipelines
In order to improve the water supply function of water pipelines, decrease the leakage rate, increase the water pressure, and maintain the water quality, Taiwan Water Corporation was urged to implement Old and Leaking Water Pipeline Replacement Plan continuously. In 2017, the length of the City’s old and leaking water pipelines being replaced was 54 kilometers, having spent NT$4 billion and 23.90 million.
(2) Implementation of the business of gasoline/gas filling station
a. The City has 266 gasoline filling stations, 8 fishing boat gasoline filling stations, 8 gas filling stations, and 2 gasoline and gas filling station.
b. In 2012 there were 4 cases involving violation of Petroleum Administration Act. All of them were being handled according to the procedures.
c. In order to ensure the safety of hose-transmitted natural gas users, three related dealers were supervised to make safety inspection, including Hsin Kao Gas Co., Ltd. with 194,983 household users inspected, Nan Jhen Natural Gas Co., Ltd. with 10,504 household users inspected, and Hsin Hsiung Natural Gas Co., Ltd. with 76,296 household users inspected, having a total of 233,940 users in total.
d. The Bureau strengthened our guidance and assistance to gas stations of the City on their operation and management, and promoted to them the relevant regulations of Petroleum Administration Act and operation procedures for application of different businesses so as to ensure their legal operation. On Jun. 17-18, and Oct. 21-22, 2011 “Lecture on Facility Safety and Operation Management Business for Gasoline (Gas) Filling Station Dealers” was held.
2. Registration and management of installation contractors
|Registration and Management of Electricity, Gas Fuel Conduit and Water Industries in 2017
|Registration and management of home appliance installation industry
|Registration and management of electrical equipment inspection and maintenance industry
|Registration and management of gas fuel conduit installation industry
|Registration and management of full-time electrical technicians working at electricity-supplied places
|Registration and management of tap water pipe installation industry
3. Promotion of energy saving
(1) Promotion of Energy-Saving Guidance and Assistance Action Plan for Residential and Commercial Sectors:
The Bureau strove for acquisition of air pollution fund of NT$4.3 million to implement “Kaohsiung City Government’s Promotion of Energy-Saving Guidance and Assistance Action Plan for Residential and Commercial Sectors,” “Energy Saving Evaluation, and Guidance and Assistance for Residential and Commercial Sectors,” “Promotion of Energy-Saving Labeled Products and Related Activities, Green Purchase,” “Energy-Saving Golden Diamond Award,” and “Promotion of Energy Saving Concepts.” The plan provided the residential and commercial sectors of the City with energy saving evaluation as well as guidance and assistance. A total of 60 shops were guided to take energy-saving measures, achieving energy saving effect at 10%. The amount of carbon emission was effectively reduced, guiding the City to become a green, environmental protection and ecological city.
(2) Promotion of energy saving measures to all departments of the City Government and schools:
a. “Energy-Saving and Carbon Dioxide Reduction Implementation Plan of All Departments of Kaohsiung City Government and Schools” was formulated, supervising the various departments of Kaohsiung City Government and schools to comply with related measures.
b. “Departments and Schools Division” was additionally established under “Kaohsiung City Energy Saving and Carbon Reduction Promotion Team.” It was responsible for promoting the related energy saving measures, including the water saving, electricity saving, oil saving and paper saving, at the various departments of the City Government and schools. They used products or service with low energy-consumption and high energy efficiency, decreasing the emission of green house gas.
4. Promotion of energy saving industies
(1) Solar Energy Promotion Project:
a. In order to increase tourism benefits, the original site of Cihou Vendors’ Concentration Site was established with “Cihou Tourist Market.” Coping with the goal of promotion of recycled energy in Kaohsiung City, the roof of the Market was equipped with solar photoelectric technology. The Market was taken as a demonstration site using recycled energy in Cijin, Kaohiusng.
b. A budget of NT$10 million was drawn up for phase 1 of the Project, which was completed on Jan. 4, 2011. As to phase 2 of the Project, funding of NT$8 million was applied from the Central Government. It was expected to be completed on Jul. 20, 2011. A total of 77.28 kilowatts would be supplied from the solar photoelectric system, which could generate 100,000 degrees of electricity per year, decreasing 65 tons of carbon dioxide emission.
(2) Establishment of “Small- and Medium-Sized Enterprise (SME) Innovation Incubator Center for Green Industry, Kaohsiung City Government”
a. In order to promote green energy for application to products and services, let green technology industries become important emerging industries in Kaohsiung City, the Bureau contrived a good environment for business innovation and establishment of related industries, assisted traditional industries to transform and upgrade their businesses by applying green products. The City Government established “SME Innovation Incubator Center for Green Industry, Kaohsiung City Government” on the 3rd and 4th floors of Fude Market. The operation and management of the Center were authorized to National Sun Yat-Sen University.
b. Currently, there are 11 enterprises having stationed at the Center, including Civic and City Development Institute, Heng Kang Technology Co., Ltd., Ocean Taiwan Co., Ltd., Solar Power Technology Co., Ltd., Tian Cheng Yuan Co., Ltd., Hsing Tai Optical Technology Co., Ltd., Kaohsiung Branch of Jia Yi Energy Co., Ltd., Gsharp Corporation. Tian Yin High Technology Corporation, Xing Guang Lighting Technology Co., Ltd., Jin Ding Green Energy Technology Corporation and Guan Ze International Co., Ltd., with 100 people being employed.
(3) Authorized Cijin Low-Carbon Island Early-Stage Evaluation Plan
An air pollution fund of NT$3 million was achieved to implement this Plan. Making use of the unique geographical features of Cijin Island and the existing local conditions, we made suitability evaluation for development and establishment of different kinds of low-carbon installation, and collected and rearranged relevant plans made by local and overseas cities promoting and implementing low-carbon operation. Coping with the low-carbon industrial development trend, Cijin Island was expected to be established as a low-carbon island and become a low-carbon demonstration district.
(4) Solar energy use in Great Kaohsiung, “Development and Promotion Plan of Kaohsiung Green Energy Industry Clustering”
a. Establishment of “Daylight Roof Case Promotion to Office” was planned. Linking platforms were established with the citizens and green energy firms of Kaohsiung City. A guidance and assistance service operation mechanism was established, and suggestions of solutions were provided, enhancing the competitiveness of green energy, and developing Great Kaohsiung Area to become a leading base in Taiwan in the production of green energy.
b. Through the Plan, Green Energy Installed Capacity Program was improved, and the industries of Kaohsiung were led to carry out industrial structural transformation and create added values for themselves. It became a service window for application of environmental protection technologies and growth of green energy industries.
c. Relevant loan cooperation programs were matched for green energy industries, solving the loan needs of Kaohsiung citizens and green energy firms.
(5) Research Project of Great Kaohsiung Solar Energy Photoelectric Application Industry Strategies
a. In order to analyze the objective environment and legal procedure conditions of Great Kaohsiung, and increase the establishment of solar energy photoelectric equipments in Great Kaohsiung Area, Solar Energy Photoelectric Firms Symposium was held, collecting and collating the opinions of the industry. This symposium could give suggestions for administration strategies in the import of solar photoelectric industry during subsequent construction of Great Kaohsiung, and serve as a reference for the supporting measures.
b. The studying and planning of this Project was authorized to National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences.
(6) Solar Photoelectric Powered Equipment Funding Project for Reestablishment Works after Typhoon Morak
a. In order to offer help to the reestablishment district after Typhoon Morak, emergency electricity was timely provided to meet the needs of victims. Subsidy funds of NT$24.57 million were obtained from the Central Government. Through the solar photoelectric system, not only roof heat insulation effect could be improved, and peak-period electricity demand could be timely met, the buildings around could also reduce their electricity demand from Taiwan Power Company. Citizens were educated and instilled with the concept of the importance of energy saving and carbon emission reduction. These places even served as sightseeing spots for tourists.
b. The places planned to implement Solar Photoelectric Powered Equipment Funding Project for Reestablishment Works after Typhoon Morak were Great Love Park in Shanlin District of Kaohsiung City and Wulipu Cultural Park in Jiasian District of Kaohsiung City. Their bidding was carried out by Economic Development Bureau. Some other places with such equipment included two sites at He-an Community Activity Center in Jiasian District of Kaohsiung City, Evergreen Cultural and Recreation Center in Taoyuan District of Kaohsiung City, vacant land of Bao Shan Elementary School, Taoyuan District Office, 4 sites at Liugui District Office in Liugui District of Kaohsiung City, Wanshan Village Office in Maolin District of Kaohsiung City, Duona Village Office, and Maoling District Office. There were 140,000 degrees of electricity generated per year, decreasing 89 tons of carbon dioxide emission. Their bidding was carried out by the various District Offices of the City.
(7) Green Energy Summit Forum:
a. Kaohsiung City Government held a series of activities for “Sunlight Green Energy Loho Ocean Season.” Subsequently after holding of “Ships Exhibition,” “Green Energy Summit Forum” was officially held in Garden Villa Kaohsiung at 2:00 p.m. on Nov. 24, 2011, attracting a lot of industrial businessmen, government officials and scholars to attend the Forum.
b. In the forum, Mr. Shoichi Shio, a member of Japan New Energy Development Organization (NEDO) with practical experience in planning and building solar energy residences, was firstly invited to give a topical speech, sharing his experience in developing solar photoelectric residence in Japan. After that, Mr. Lin Pei-Hong, Assistant Manager of Photoelectric Solar Energy Business Section, AU Optronics Corp., introduced the development of solar energy industries and their application in cities. Finally, Mr. Lin Ying-Bin, Vice President of Economic Development Bureau held a conference, “Talking about Promotion and Development of Green Energy Industries from Construction of a Green City –– A Case Study of Kaohsiung.” It was hoped that through international exchange of experience in planning the application of solar energy to residences, a new-age green energy lifestyle could be promoted together.
Market Planning and Street Vendor Management
1. Market guidance and management
(1) Improve the hardware facilities of the public and private retail markets
A. Public retail market renovation plan (with a timetable by district and year)
In 2016, repair works were carried out in 11 markets, namely Lingya 1st, Jhonghua, Yancheng Template, Lindeguang, Sinsing 2nd, Hello, Komou, Qieding, Cijin, Cihou Dried Seafood, and Jioucyutang markets, expecting to improve the public retail market’s overall image and hence market operations by creating a clean, bright and comfortable shopping environment.
B. Subsidy for the improvement of public facilities in private retail markets
In 2016, repair works were completed in 4 markets, namely Fudong, Sanhe, Bo-ai, and Fengshan Ziyou markets, expecting to upgrade the private retail market’s competitiveness by fixing infrastructure and creating a clean, pleasant shopping environment.
(2) Improve the hygiene and order in the market
In 2016, the Kaohsiung city government conducted sanitation supervision 11,660 times and disinfection 86 times. To urge all market neighborhood councils and management committees to strengthen their clearing of breeding sources for dengue-vector mosquitos and perform ditch cleaning and disinfection to maintain market sanitation.
(3) 2016 Star-Graded Outstanding Markets and Lohas Vendors
A. Outstanding markets: 9 markets were awarded.
Longhua Market, Sanmin 1st Market, and Liouhe Night Market were granted 3-Star Awards; Cihou Dried Seafood Market, Singda Harbor Tourist Fish Market’s vendors gathering site in Qieding, and Gangshan 2nd Market won two stars; and Zihguan 1st Market, Guomin Market in Lingya, and Alian 1st Market each won one star.
B. Green market: Wumiao Market in Lingya District.
C. Lohas Vendors: 55 vendors were awarded.
Chengyu Ginseng and Herbs at Guomin Market and Guomin Fish Balls at Guomin Market each won four stars. The Luho Jhu Jhu Zih Souvenir Store at Liouhe Tourist Night Market, Donggang Kun Sashimi at Wumiao Market, Shihguojhanfu Ribs Noodle at Kaisyuan Tourist Night Market, Yongweising Foods at Ciaotou Market, Yi Mullet Roe at Singda Harbor Tourist Fish Market’s vendors gathering site, and Chen Squid at Singda Harbor Tourist Fish Market’s vendors gathering site each won three stars. Dajhong Dumplings at Sanmin 1st Market, Jhou’s Iced Drinks at Sanmin Street vendors gathering site, Donggang Shangcing Fish Soup at Wunsian Market in Gangshan, Chuan Fa Butcher Store at Wunsian Market in Gangshan, Four Season Fruits and Vegetables at Wunsian Market in Gangshan, Sinya Healthy Light Diet at Wumiao Market, Mother Jiang’s Kitchen at Wumiao Market, Jiyuanpu Healthy Vegetables at Ziguan 1st Market, Si Siang Fang Veggie Foods at Cihou Dried Seafood Market, Youpinwei Seafood at Cihou Dried Seafood Market, Wusyong Seafood Stand at Ciaotou Market, Wu Fresh Seafood at Singda Harbor Tourist Fish Market’s vendors gathering site, Jindiao Snapper’s Skin at Singda Harbor Tourist Fish Market’s vendors gathering site, and Sisters Lin’s Fish Balls at Singda Harbor Tourist Fish Market’s vendors gathering site each won two stars. Jhongshan Native Chicken at Sanmin 1st Market, Yang’s Chihshan Rice Cake at Sanmin 1st Market, A-Lan Black Pork at Sanmin 1st Market, A-Jhih Tea and Drinks at Sanmin Street vendors gathering site, Feilong Fountain Duck at Wunsian Market in Gangshan, Wong Ji Black Pork at Wunsian Market in Gangshan, A-Siou Milkfish Maw Congee at Wunsian Market in Gangshan, Baishan Veggie Foods at Wunsian Market in Gangshan, Jiangshan Penghu Seafood at Wunsian Market in Gangshan, Mei Jhih Seafood at Wunsian Market in Gangshan, Doudounong Soybean Milk at Wumiao Market, Cai Ji Buns and Mantou Store at Wumiao Market, Brother Yao Crispy Roasted Duck at Wumiao Market, Yujhanwei Fresh Fish at Alian 1st Market, Boneless Maw at Alian 1st Market, Electrocuted Fresh Pork at Alian 1st Market, Breakfast Store at Alian 1st Market, Ciaoli Workshop at Guomin Market, Siaomei Accessories Store at Ziguan 1st Market, A-Sheng Fresh Seafood at Kaisyuan Tourist Night Market, Jhadan Siaozih Scallion Pancake at Kaisyuan Tourist Night Market, Mingcheng Ocean Snack Food at Cihou Dried Seafood Market, The Unexpected Store at Cihou Dried Seafood Market, Old Tai Chen Meat Bun at Ciaotou Market, Guojhong Fish Balls at Ciaotou Market, Yusia Grocery Store at Ciaotou Market, Dafar Seafood at Singda Harbor Tourist Fish Market’s vendors gathering site, Sister Giant River Shrimp at Singda Harbor Tourist Fish Market’s vendors gathering site, Siaoling Fresh Seafood at Singda Harbor Tourist Fish Market’s vendors gathering site, Siaojhujiao Dumplings at Longhua Market, Jhuan-11 Pan-fried Buns at Longhua Market, Li Sushi at Longhua Market, Ahongbing Ice Dessert at Longhua Market each won one star.
(4) 2016 Market Land Activation, Investment:
A. 38 Cases of Market Land Rentals in Bay City: The land rented out through bidding as temporary parking lots from July 25, 2014 to July 24, 2016, and rent received totaled NT$8,378,280. The land was rented out to a private operator through a bidding process and is to be used as parking lots from July 25, 2016 to July 24, 2019 on a 3-year lease at a total rent of $18,828,000. It is expected to meet the parking demands and promote overall public interest.
B. Dingjhong Public Supermarket Rental Project: From March 28, 2015 to March 27, 2018, this location is rented to a private business to operate a supermarket for a 3-year term. The rent totaled $7.1 million for 3 years.
C. The land at No. 56 of Sanjia Section of Fongshan was leased to a private business on October 15, 2015, for a term of 9 years and 10 months, at a rent of $1,559,792.
2. Vendor management and planning
(1) Public facility renovation works were completed in 4 vendor gathering sites, including “Cianjhen Night Market, Liouhe 2nd Rd., Lords of the Three Mountains Temple, and Daren Rd.” in 2016, expecting to provide consumers with a clean and safe shopping environment.
(2) The 2016 vendors gathering site evaluation subsidy program was conducted for the repair works of Cianjhen Gas Station vendors gathering site, Liouhe 2nd Road vendors gathering site, and Sanmin Street vendors gathering site in the Kaohsiung City, in order to provide a safer and more comfortable shopping environment for consumers.